Thursday, May 15, 2014

It is blazin'

It is hot here.
Really hot.
Hotter than Phoenix hot.
However, the difference here is we don't have AC.
(Dad/landlord, I'm not complaining, just stating the facts.  It is not like you are in the AC line of work or anything.  I kid.  But really he is.)

Since it has been hot, we have been trying our best to keep cool.  Luckily I can go to my parent's house that does have AC.  And a pool!

Otherwise we have fans running, and are taking cold showers.  I gave the babies a cooler than normal bath yesterday because they woke up really sweaty from their nap.  I thought it might feel nice, however it did not go over well.  Finny didn't make much fuss, but he did have little goose-bumps on his legs as he splashed around.  Audrey cried like it was a bath filled with snow.  It was not.

We have a giant tube-like floor fan in our living room that Finny keeps eye-balling.  I think he thinks it is that giant back foam roller from my previous post that can oscillate on its own.  He's got one eye on that thing at all times.

Audrey has been pretty needy lately and wants to be on me.  Squirming around, sweaty, and bobbing her head.  It is hot, but she is cute.

The upside is that it is too hot to make dinner.  So I don't.
Nothing like hanging out in a diaper eating popsicles for dinner.



Our mother's day celebration at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment