Tuesday, September 9, 2014

This time last year.

This time last year I was a beast.

I had 2 weeks to go before these babies ran out of room and my skin stretched so much I swear you could poke a hole through it.

My belly itched constantly.  I had to buy special soap they only sell at Whole Foods that smells like bonfire.  It worked wonders, but I smelt smokey, which Wes is allergic to.

I had to hold my belly as I walked.  No joke.

The pool was my saving grace.  I felt light as a feather in there, and then stomped around like an elephant as soon as I got out.

People's mouths dropped, and they pointed at me as I waddled by. This literally happened everywhere I went.

I wanted lemonade all day, every day. It was my only craving and I couldn't get enough.

I had to sleep on my left side with pillows propped up all around me.  Don't even think about flipping to the other side. It took all night to get comfortable.

I had about 4 dr. appointments a week.  Two for fetal hear-monitoring at the hospital, one ultrasound with my dr. and one ultrasound with the "high-risk" dr. They all checked for the same things.

I was tired, and hot, and laid on the couch and slept after work.  Yes, I was still working.

I couldn't walk up the stairs anymore, and would get winded just walking from the couch to the bathroom.

The nursery was done.  I had been baby showered twice.  Everything was ready.  My nerves were calm, and my weight was high.
My and all my giant-ness


Would I do it all again for these sweet faces?   In a heartbeat.


Stay tuned for my next post when I completely lose it because my babies are turning one.
Entitled: Blubbering sob-fest.


No comments:

Post a Comment