Wednesday, December 10, 2014

I'm doing the best that I can.


My mom told me that when I was little I used to rock my Cabbage Patch doll named "Nicholas" (because my mom had a baby named, "Nicholas" I too must have one).  I would rock him, as she did, burp him, as she did, and say, "I'm doing the best that I can," as she did.  I now feel my mom's pain.  I too feel like some days "I'm doing the best that I can." And just as she must have said those words on repeat, I have my own set of phrases that I say.  All day.  Every day.  Forever.

Most of these phrases happen when I'm cooking, or working.  Which is most of my day.

Finny don't touch
Kona stop barking
Why are you crying?
Did you poop?
Hi baby.
No hitting.
No stairs.
Patty cake, patty cake, baker man. .
Stop barking.
Lets read a book.
Are you hungry?
Kona, no barking!
I'm gonna get you.  Tickle!
Finny don't put that cord around your neck. (I'm serious.  All.  day.  long)
Who pooped?
Itzy bitzy spider. .
No, Audrey you can't have my phone.
Kona, I will murder you.  Stop barking!
Are you hungry?
Want some bunnies?
Why are you crying?
Are you serious?  Poop again?
No hitting!
Finny, no cords!
That's it Kona you are dead.


Sums up my life.  Saving my kids from danger, poop, and killing the dog.


What my kids say all day:
giggle
cry
mama
giggle
cry

Not thrilled about sharing.




Sometimes when I'm feeling "Smoother than a fresh jar of skippy" 
I'll listen to this song and dance like a crazy person smile

No comments:

Post a Comment