Thursday, April 10, 2014

Work it mama

I try to work 6 hours a day.  Key word there is "try."  Some days it feels like all they do is cry, and some days, when all the stars align, things actually do get done.

I work from my mom's house 2 or 3 days a week, which is awesome.  It's so nice to have another set of arms to help feed, rock, and hold.  It is a lot of work though to head over there.  Packing everyone up, all their stuff to keep them entertained, and all their food is a lot of work.  Needless to say some days we forget to pack diapers, one is sockless, and one hasn't been changed since they woke up.

Not only is it nice to have someone to help me, but it's also nice to have someone who can talk back with me.  Ah yes, a real conversation that doesn't involve me having to talk super animated with an accompanying song and dance.

So to sum it up my mom = awesome.  I know she doesn't get as much work done when we are there because in her words, "her babies need her," but it sure is nice to have another person playing defense with me.  Two on two.

When I'm working at home, I'm out numbered.

They usually wake up and I feed them breakfast.
Then we head to my office, aka the living room.  I give them a few toys/teethers while I catch up on emails and bookings.  Then one will get bored and I move them to one of our little gadgets.  We have a "johnny jumper" that hangs in our living room, an exersaucer, a playmat that plays music, and a bumbo.  We play a little round of "tour the gadgets" until they get tired.  They usually take a little nap and I get some work done.  They then get up for lunch. Mmm avocado.
After a few tears and diaper changes we head back to the office.  They roll around and play on the floor until one gets hit, or rolls onto her tummy and cries, and then we take another "tour of the gadgets" until it is nap time again.  This time is for longer and I get the majority of my work done.
In the afternoon we take a walk/jog.  Words can not express the absolute need to get out of my house by this point.

If I have more work to get done then I wait til Wes gets home, or after the kids go to bed.
Most days are easy, the babies are happy and everything is rainbows and sunshine.  Some days are filled with constant crying.  By me.

My home office on the floor containing two babies, and two dogs. The dogs are not earning their keep.  Step it up and soothe a baby!

1 comment:

  1. I'm am 10000x amazed that you manage to work. You are super mom! Darling little kiddos :)

    ReplyDelete