Saturday, March 8, 2014

My Happy Place

My happy place looks something like this:  Lying somewhere on a beach, sipping a fruity drink, reading a book and listening to the waves crash. Most people's happy place.

Since that is hard to come by now days, I've found tiny little happy places throughout my day.  

My happy places in no particular order:

-Lying on the floor giggling with my babies.  Obviously.



-Yoga.  Since it isn't always easy to get to a yoga class, I've tried doing it from home.  It's not as relaxing when I have two babies, and two dogs, that like to participate too.  Literally Kona loves downward dog, and Midas will come over a flop on my mat.  Great.

-Running.  I never used to like running, but now it's a great way to get exercise, and get away from a house full of crying babies, and barking dogs.

My jogging view

-Baking.  I love baking.  It calms me.  I turn on some music, put the babies in the kitchen with me, and bake til I drop. 

- Dancing around the house.  This is usually after I've baked.  Sugar high maybe? 

-Cinnamon dulce creme frappaccino.  Cinnamon roll in a cup, nuff said.

-The Tonight Show.  With Jimmy Fallon, not Jay Leno.  Throw J. Timberlake in there and it's heaven.


Some days when Wes gets home from a tough day at work, he cracks open a cold one (Faygo rootbeer), puts his feet up, and watches some sporting event.  I know it's been a particularly rough one when he does this.  I believe this is one of his tiny little happy places.




My go-to dance like a crazy person around my house song.
Guaranteed to put a smile on your face, and a tap to your toe. 




1 comment:

  1. I watched the videos and as soon as I pushed play on 'Happy' video Aaron and Ashley started shaking their booties all over the kitchen. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete