Thursday, March 13, 2014

Quick trip to the store. . Not

All I need is milk.
Can't make dinner without it.
Can't eat our breakfast cereal without it.
Can't dunk our after dinner/after babies are asleep cookies without it.

Oh no problem, I'll make a quick trip to the grocery store.  With two babies. Easy.

Mind you this process is 100% easier when I have Wes and/or my mom.  But when both are busy, it's just me making the trek.

First babies have to have just been fed, otherwise we have an all out hunger cry fest.

Next, load Audrey into her car seat.  Load Finn into his car seat.

Make sure the dogs are in the garage, otherwise I'll come home to a lovely sprinkling of trash throughout our house.  Thanks Kona.

Grab a car seat and load em up.  Run back into the house and grab the other car seat.

Flip it in reverse and I'm gone. . wait did I lock the front door?  Ugh who cares.

We make it to the grocery store and we need to find a spot next to a rogue shopping cart.  Got it.  I hop out, play a quick game of eeny meeny miny moe to see who is going in the carrier.  Audrey's the lucky winner.  Load her up in my carrier, pull the shopping cart around, and load Finn up in his car seat in the cart. (Note to self: It is VERY difficult to heave a car seat into a cart wearing another baby.  Try switching that process up next time.  Which I will forget)

Okay, all loaded, and head into the store.  I look down and Audrey's head is wobbling and she's squinting from the sun, and Finn has pulled up his blanket over his head.  They love it, I'm sure of it.



I check my list.  Milk.  That is it!  But I need some veggies for dinner, and some cereal and and and. . seriously there is only room for so much when the majority of your cart is filled with a baby, but I still manage to pile it in around Finn.

Then I always run into some grandma-type lady and the conversation goes like this EVERY time:

Looking at Audrey,"Oh isn't she the sweetest" Audrey looks at her stone-faced.  Stranger danger.
Then Finn makes a peep from the cart.
"Oh my goodness!  Two?!"
"Are they twins?!"
"Two boys?" Poor Audrey.  Everyone always thinks they are two boys.
"Oh. One of each, how perfect.  Are they identical?" No such thing as identical boy/girl twins.  But I get asked this question at least once a day.

I continue on from grandma one, to grandma three and four, weaving in and out of each aisle.

I make it to the register and check my list.  Still only milk.  Crap, forgot to get milk.  Run to the back of the store both babies in tow.

I manage to get everything on my list, and head back to the register.  Sometimes I get a parent who is checking me out who offers to help load my groceries and help me out.  Most of the time I get a punk kid who watches as I struggle to pack my bags up and place them in the cart next to Finn.  Surrounding him with plastic bags.  I'm a good mom, I swear.

Finally get back to my car to unload each baby, and all my groceries, and head home.

Another quick trip to the store done.  Sigh.





1 comment:

  1. Seriously though!! This is exactly how it goes. I'm getting super excited that my kids are almost it enough to sit in the front of the cart. That will be a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete